MY ONLY SUNSHINE


Gosh. Isn't it amazing how the weather being warmer can just brighten your mood so drastically? Well, it's scientific I guess, given that the sun helps our brains produce endorphins and serotonin, woohoo. Last week, here in Sydney, we were stuck squelching around in 10-14 degree weather, so this week's run of 24 degree days (in August) has been an absolute treat. The only possible drawback being that with the sunshine providing that little kick of serotonin, my excuse for dipping into the charity chocolate box diminishes! But alas, I can always be relied upon to find an excuse for cocoa consumption (it's for charity).

Yesterday afternoon on the drive home from work, almost as if in salutation to the sun, my iPod really kicked it up a notch. You know how sometimes the run of songs coming out of your iPod is soo good, so genius, that there surely must be a miniature DJ sitting inside your iPod controlling the "set". (Other times, it's so embarrassingly horrific... a few friends would attest to this.) Well I had one of those GENIUS days yesterday afternoon - it perfectly matched the unseasonably balmy day and put me in a lovely disposition.

Now go right ahead and laugh (or sing) : ) But do press play. <3



i know somebody and they cry for you
they lie awake at night and dream of you
i bet you never even know they do, but, somebody's crying

i know somebody and they called your name
a million times and still you never came
they go on loving you just the same, i know that somebody's trying




(it has to be real loud)

darkness falls and she will take me by the hand
take me to some twilight land
where all but love is grey, where i can't find my way
without her as my guide

night falls, i'm cast beneath her spell
daylight comes, our heaven turns to hell
am i left to burn, and burn eternally
she's a mystery to me.

in the night of love, words tangled in her hair
words soon to disappear
a love so sharp it cuts, like a switchblade to my heart
words tearing me apart

she tears, again my bleeding heart
i want to run, she's pulling me apart
fallen angels cry, then i just melt away
she's a mystery to me.

haunted by her side, it's the darkness in her eyes
that so enslaves me
if my love is blind, then i don't want to see
she's a mystery to me.

<3


THANKS FOR THE PIC. AND THIS A NICE COVER. DID YOU KNOW THAT BONO WROTE THE LYRICS TO MYSTERY GIRL? HE DID.

No comments: