Hi everyone! Hope you're enjoying your last day of twenty-thirteen. My day so far has involved making these cookies, a splash in the pool with the boyfriend and then a drive down the coast to his place to move another load of my stuff (did I mention I was moving in? Small bit of info I may have missed =). We're currently phoning around to find a place for a NYE dinner for two, before we head into the night to party with some friends. Not a bad way to wrap up the year.
In light of my food-related new years resolutions (to be revealed) I wanted to salute 2013 with one last sugary HURRAH! Salted Oatmeal White Chocolate Cookies -- how good do they sound? Well, I'm eating one right this second, and yep, they're pretty good. I found this recipe at Pickycook and have translated it into 'strayan for the locals.
I hope that 2013 has been kind to you, and that 2014 will be even better. Thank you for visiting my little piece of the internet, and I hope to see you again in 2014. xx
1 cup plain flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon table salt
200g unsalted butter
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups rolled oats
170g white chocolate, chopped (I used Cadbury Dream; you can use choc chips if you like)
1/2 teaspoon flaky sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 170 celcius, fan forced. Grease 3 baking trays with butter.
2. Combine flour, baking power, baking soda and table sat in a large bowl.
3. In smaller bowl, beat butter and sugars with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
4. Add egg and vanilla extract and beat until combined.
5. Combine butter mixture with flour mixture.
6. Add oats and choc chips and combine.
7. Roll into 1 tablespoon balls and line on trays. Press each ball down with palm and lightly sprinkle with flaked salt (a very small pinch).
8. Bake for approx 15 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool on trays for a crunchier cookie or on wire racks for a softer cookie.