DIY CARNIVAL THEMED PARTY FAVOURS




Last year, I (via Little Bow Thief) was delighted to be asked to design some party favours for a carnival themed birthday party - I took inspiration from the old fashioned Tin Can Toss arcade game to make these treat-filled tins. So much fun!

Interested in making these yourself? I'm going to tell you my secret suppliers. I used cardboard tubes with metal pull-out lids that I purchased here. You could also find tins in the supermarket to fit the purpose (Cadbury Drinking Chocolate would probably work, and, lifetime at least one month's supply of drinking chocolate). 

I purchased a set of vintage carnival digital papers from Etsy and printed them myself to cover the tins; alternatively, you could collect an assortment of papers in stripes, stars and zigzags from one of those $1 gift wrap stands. 

And to fill the tins? In keeping with the carnival theme, think vintage toys (bouncy balls, pinwheels), ring pops, caramel corn or popcorn-flavoured jelly beans, lollypops, coke bottles.


I was also asked to include some tins for for a few children under 12 months. For the little ones, I included some socks (scour Kmart for inexpensive 3-packs), mini rubber duckies (discount shops) and Heinz baby bars (supermarket).


We all know that themed party planning is JUST as much fun for the host as it is the guests. Go nuts, I say!

Looking for some more ideas? Have a look at my Carnival Board on Pinterest for some inspiration x

No comments: