BUNNITO BUNNY // A SEWING ADVENTURE


Meet Bunnito Bunny! I came across the pattern for this dashing young fellow back when I was working as an advertising coordinator for a magazine publisher; as soon as I clapped eyes on him in a sewing mag I just knew that I had to bring my own Bunnito to life!

As luck would have it, I have a four-year-old niece who happens to love pirates. Just last week she had a pirate party (pics in the next post). I made Bunnito for her birthday. He's completely hand-sewn, and all up I'd say he took me about 25 hours to make. The pattern comes from the talented Jhoanna Monte Aranez. As I Instagrammed my Bunnito progress, it was great to be able to swap messages with Jhoanna and get a couple of tips. I've already had a request to make another!


The original Bunnito. Handsome devil. Photo credit: Express Media Group.

Looking concerned.

Mastering blanket stitch. I searched high and low to find a good tutorial and found it here.

100% worth the effort! Home and loved.

4 comments:

  1. So cute!! Have inspired me to make some pressies for Christmas.
    PS Love the new layout, it looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Ooooh, what are you going to make?

      Delete
  2. Oh, what a gorgeous Bunny! You can see the love you've put into him. I hope you had fun making him and I love the last photo - it's the reason I have always loved making softies. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU for sharing! I loved making him and already thinking of the next outfit combo. :)

      Delete