GRAFTON NANNA'S JAM DROPS

Remember when you were little, and you had something like this?


Or maybe you were like me and you did not have something like this, but you yearned for something like this. I recall a mix of envy and excitement when I went to play at Kylie's house, with her luxury cubby all decked out like the Masterchef kitchen.

I remember this one time when I was on school holidays and I was playing restaurants... I presented menus and I made my Mum and brother sit on a tiny green kid-size table and chairs in the middle of the driveway. I can't remember what I served them at my restaurant  probably Vegemite sandwiches or some such gourmet  delight.

Now that I'm a big girl I can play with real ovens and stuff if I want to.

This morning I made some Jam Drops a family favourite. My Grafton Nanna always used to make them and they were the best.





This afternoon I'm visiting my (Great) Aunty Til (a.k.a. Matilda Flint). Aunty Til  is 96 and she really is the cat's pajamas. I think she'll appreciate a Jam Drop or two.

 

Grafton Nanna's Jam Drops

1 1/2 tbsp buttter
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 1/2 cups self-raising flour, sifted
Jam

Combine butter and sugar. Beat in the egg. Add vanilla essence. Combine. Add flour to the mixture. Roll dough into balls and place on greased tray. Add jam to indentations in each ball. Bake at 180°C for 10-12 minutes.


No comments: