ALL DRINKS GREEN

Good things come in green packages. Particularly when it comes to beverages.

When we were kids my brother and I were a little bit obsessed with green cordial. Lemon and orange were the run of the mill el' boringo flavours - but on the rare occasion when we persuaded our mum into buying Coola - we seriously felt like the luckiest kids on the block. It still makes me a little bit excited.

Being just a little bit older now, I'm free to purchase whatever beverages I choose, even the naughty ones that make you a little bit silly. I was reading Women's Health this afternoon and came across a little snippet on wines of the eco-green variety. Not quite Coola - but I wouldn't knock 'em back.

Sanctuary Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc - the first wine on sale in Australia to feature Planet Ark's Carbon Reduction Label.

Plinky-plonk from the One Planet range is packaged in recyclable material and are rated Carbon Neutral and No CO2 by the Carbon Reduction Institute. Fill her up, I say.

Banrock Station wines are made from sustainable grape varieties and profits go towards conservation projects. So if you have nothing to drink to, you can always cheers the orangutans. =)



No comments: