HAPPY NEW YEAR 2015


Happy New Year!

Can you believe we're already five years into the New Year? Someone posted a status on Facebook today to say that Easter Eggs were already on sale at the supermarket, and you know what I thought? I thought, "Yussssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!" Haha... guess it was just one of those chocolate days.

I'm feeling really good about this year.

For the past few years I have kept a tradition where every new year I write a summary of the last year, and some goals for the year ahead. The idea was that it was supposed to be a reflective (present) and amusing (future) record. I went to write my spiel a few days ago and ended up chucking my paper in the bin. It felt like I was just rehashing old stuff and was kind of pointless. I need to look ahead, not behind. So I may be done with that tradition. I am also resolution-free. I never keep my new year resolutions; how long until I learn that? Guess I just did! Resolutions can be fickle things, but goals and plans, they're very important. But the drive needs to come from somewhere stronger than the buzz of a new year. Gotta turn them into plans.

To directly contradict myself, however, I do love the buzz of a new year and the feeling of a fresh start.

Here are some of the quotes on my corkboard that will be staying up this year:

There are only two options: make progress, or make excuses.
Instead of complaining about your circumstances, get busy creating new ones. You either suffer the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret.
Create the highest, grandest vision possible for your life, because you become what you believe.
Work hard in silence; let success make all the noise.
A goal is when we chase a dream. If we do not set and chase the goal, it is only ever going to be a wish, at best. We all need dreams to give us drive. Without them we get bored and sad. A dream is something we would like to happen or have. It gives us a reason to live and strive. 

Lately I have been making an effort to declutter (activities, not possessions... I still like those) and simplify. Sometimes I have my finger in too many pies...aka projects. I'm going to write a post on that subject in the future - something called 'decision fatigue'. It's the reason why I deleted Words With Friends. Small example, but just a gesture to eliminate some clutter from the 'to-do' list. That's the point though, I think. It only has to be a few of the small things, to make more room for the important stuff.

Already this year, I achieved massively by moving my business HQ to one spot. Last year I spread the work between Wollongong (businessy stuff) and Mum and Dad's place (kitchen stuff) but it's all here in one space now. It already feels so much more organised.

Hope you had a very happy Christmas and new year's eve! We had a very relaxed Christmas with family, and really fun NYE spent with family, too. We also celebrated the arrival of Lindsay's second nephew - lots of exciting times =)

Til next time, here are a few recent pics x


Just before Christmas we met up with two of my housemates aka family members from when I lived in London in 2007-8! We hadn't seen each other since then, and had the best day!



Palm Beach morning followed by lunch at The Boat Shed - so good! Little bit of succulent + cactus +pots inspiration...



Lindsay and I went camping at Currarong. Okay, GLAMPING. I made that tablecloth! (Yeah, I sewed a straight line...) And see our camp kitchen?! I love it.


Making fairy bread with the girls on NYE. Very thorough, they made sure to do lots of taste testing along the way.


<3

No comments: