HELLO TWENTY FOURTEEN




HAPPY NEW YEAR! Hope everyone enjoyed their new years eve, whether you were out on the town or tucked up early in bed! We had a lovely New Years Eve dinner for two at a local Vietnamese, followed by backyard shenanigans and a bonfire with friends. Towards midnight Lindsay shocked my socks off by suggesting he and I get up at 5am and walk to the beach to watch the sun rise (he's not an early riser). I loved the idea, and true to his word he got us up at 5am, we packed a bag with a blanket, jackets and emergency Pizza Shapes and took the 20-minute walk from his place down to the beach. It was the perfect way to begin the new year... and just as nice to walk back home and hop back into bed for a few hours!

It's been a busy new year so far, in my neck of the woods. Well, today has. Yesterday was spent swimming and hanging with family (loving all the pool time with nieces this year) and having naps, lots of naps. Today, Lindsay and I have been busy playing house. I'm moving into his place in a couple of weeks. YAY! After a very busy last few weeks it finally feels like it's actually happening. We've been carting stuff over here gradually but today was our first major day of tackling the flat and having a good spring/summer clean. Hard work, but working together and with the music playing, it's been fun, and everything is coming together. Home-made san choy bow for dinner and a couple of ciders were just what the doctor ordered. Right now I'm sitting on Lindsay's bed while he's going through his drawers to make room for yours truly. It's like a fashion time capsule and I'm enjoying the show. And I just scored myself a boyfriend jumper!

Well that's it from me today. Back again soon with those resolutions -- I'm pretty excited!



No comments: