BOOKED: FIFTY SHADES FINISHED



I've just finished reading the Fifty Shades trilogy. It's been a drawn-out pursuit; I read a couple of other books in between. I had to come up for air in between each installment.

Fifty Shades has copped a lot of flack, but to the critics I would like to say: just settle pettles. One of the criticisms that I have heard is that EL James is a bad writer. I do not agree. Her writing style is different, but not in a bad way. To me, the story was engaging  enough and the characters were well developed. At the end of each book I was left wondering what happened next, and that's why I ended up reading all three. Masterpieces? No, but who said they had to be? Entertaining? Yes.

Anastacia Steele's character could be frustratingly passive at times... so much that it made me angry at one point. But that was part of the story and it was necessary to show that side of her so that the character could develop. I can see how the sexual content of the book could be confronting/offensive/ridiculous to some (and yes, it was a bit surprising, dare I say educational) but I thought that it was refreshing to read something a little different to the usual.

Bit concerned about the upcoming movie adaptation... how are they going to properly portray all that STUFF in a movie that's allowed to be played in a regular cinema?

...my subconscious peers skeptically over her copy of Fifty Shades Freed.

Image Source

1 comment:

  1. I LOVED 50 SHADES IS AMAZING, THE BEST THING I EVER READ!!!! AND I JUST WANT MORE AND MORE.

    ReplyDelete